Monday, August 28, 2000

Good and Great News


Well, I have some good news and some great news!

The good news-
I had my first class tonight and really enjoyed it. I am glad I spent four years in the workplace before I started to pursue my masters. Being able to apply what I have learned at UTC Athletics is going to really pay off.
My class tonight was Principles of Sport Management. The PR and Communication class that I am taking on Thursday night is taught by a guest faculty member this fall, and I must say I am pumped! It is Betsy Ross, a lead sports anchor on ESPNews.
Now the great news-
Stacy accepted a job with the University of Cincinnati Foundation, as a promotional writer. It is going to give her a lot of exposure to marketing, development, advertising, and public relations - all the things she loves to do!
She will start next week. One great benefit will be the option to go to school there for free. She told me earlier she may need a long break from school, but this will likely change her mind.
This is a great opportunity for her, and I am very proud of her.
It will be interesting to live in a household with Xavier and UC ties - they are very big rivals, at least in the world of basketball. I do not think I will mind attending Xavier and UC games though.
On another note, we are having oppressive heat here - as the weathermen say - high temperatures near 87 and very muggy, 70% humidity. Folks, it is roll the window down weather compared to Chattanooga!
Well, that's all for now. Let's give the Mocs football team some good vibes for the home opener this Thursday night!

No comments: