Friday, December 29, 2006

2006 Down the Drain

As we put a bow on 2006 and send it off in style, I am so thankful for such a great year.

  • The birth of our second child came in February, and Lucy has brought us so much joy.
  • Our three-year-old Rigby really became a mature little boy - surprising us with his increased vocabulary skills and always charming us with his consistent good nature.
  • We welcomed back my sister, Tobi, to Chattanooga, as she, Corey and Nellie finished a three-year stint in Asheville.
  • We had a great week's vacation on St. Simon's Island. What a joy to be together as a family, away from all the busy hassles of everyday life. Oh, to win the lottery.
  • Stacy and I lost significant weight after the birth of Lucy. I lost 30 pounds and saw 199 for the first time in a long time!
  • This was a year that I saw my Mocs beat Georgia Southern on a last second field goal - boy that was awesome.
  • We celebrated my 35th birthday in Atlanta at the Tom Petty concert - there will never be another like that man. We also celebrated my birthday with friends and family and my sister and brother-in-law's new house.
  • I had a flat-out great time during UTC homecoming, staying up until the break of dawn with fellow friends and alumni.
  • Stacy and I got to meet John Legend after attending his concert in Atlanta. What a great talent he is.
  • Rich, my fellow Class of 89'er finally got engaged to his long-time sweetheart, Danielle. I really thank my mom and Tobi for meeting and befriending them in Asheville. They are a great addition to our family. Even though Rigby is heartbroken that his first older woman crush is leaving him, he is cool with it. Too bad Rich and Danielle cannot turn on a computer to read this - yuppie Asheville mountain-people types (whatever that means)!
  • We again spent two wonderful Christmas weekends with my mom and Bob and then with Stacy's parents and the rest of the family. What a wonderful month December is for us, even though we packed on some extra pounds from all the tasty eatings.
  • Stacy and I are very thankful for our careers and proud to work for a truly caring company, even though some think we wear devil horns around the office (whatever). We work with some pretty great folks!
Best wishes to all for a superfantastic 2007!

No comments: