Saturday, December 16, 2006

Football Championship


Chattanooga hosted its 10th-straight NCAA Football Championship Friday night, December 15.

Appalachian State beat UMass 28-17 in front of the largest Finley Stadium crowd ever - 22, 808.

I was fortunate to have an all-access pass at the stadium and got to visit many great friends.

I watched kickoff on the skybox roof with David Cope and David Smotherman (pictured).

I stood on the field at the 30-yard line with Warren "Moose" Koegel, current Athletic Director at Coastal Carolina. I also got to show pics of my kids to his wife, "Big E" (Elaine).

I visited the Chancellor's box and shared stories with Dr. Brown and UTC alumnus Steve Harvey - and we had some great stories.

I sat in the Coca-Cola skybox with friends - we are so fortunate to have Coca-Cola as a major supporter of UTC.

I hung out in the press box and visited some dear old friends - the most loyal volunteers UTC athletics has.

I saw a great football game with an overflow crowd!

What a night!

No comments: